Sept. 2005 – present | ASSOCIATED PRESS , Jerusalem, Israel | Correspondent
- Report, write and edit breaking news and features from Israel, the West Bank and Gaza, that appear in newspapers and websites around the world.
- Deliver breaking on-air news reports for AP Radio and on-screen reports for AP’s online video network. Frequent contributor to ASAP (AP’s younger audience service).
- Manage the news desk, directing coverage and filing urgent news alerts to the wire.
Oct. 2007 – present | INTERDISCIPLINARY CENTER HERZLIYA, Herzliya, Israel |Adjunct Professor
- Teach undergraduate journalistic writing and editing course at the Sammy Ofer School of Communications.
Nov. 2008 – present | TRIANGLE INTERNET, Haifa, Israel | Basketball Broadcaster
- Broadcast weekly games of Maccabi Haifa in Israel’s top basketball league to a global audience. The games air on the Yes network and live and on-demand online at: http://triangleinternet.tv/
Sept. 2004 – Aug. 2005 | OTTAWA CITIZEN, Ottawa, ON, Canada | Staff Reporter
- Reported and wrote breaking news and features for various sections of the largest newspaper in Canada’s capital.
Jan. 2004 – July 2004 | FOREX NEWS, New York, NY | Reporter/Web Newscaster
- Produced and broadcast updates on foreign exchange market news for international web cast.
Aug. 2001 – July 2003 | NBC NEWS, Tel Aviv, Israel | Producer/On-line Correspondent/Desk Editor
- Produced broadcasts from various points in Israel and the West Bank and segments for NBC News, MSNBC and WNBC (New York).
- Wrote news stories and features for msnbc.com and delivered live breaking news reports for MSNBC TV.
- Managed and ran the assignment desk.
Jan. 2002 – Nov. 2002 | HA’ARETZ, Tel Aviv, Israel | Reporter/Sports Desk
- Wrote local and foreign game stories and sports features, covering basketball, baseball, tennis, golf and extreme sports.
- Covered the NBA beat during the 2001-2002 season.
Sept. 2000 – July 2003 LOS ANGELES TIMES, Jerusalem, Israel | Researcher/Reporter
- Reported on breaking news stories and assisted with news coverage and interviews on the assignment desk.
Aug. 2003 – May 2004 | COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, New York, NY | MS, Journalism
* Awarded honors in fall core course, Reporting and Writing I, and in spring core course, Personal and Professional Style.
Mar. 1998 – Feb. 2001 | TEL AVIV UNIVERSITY, Tel Aviv, Israel | BA, Political Science and Economics
Jun. 1999 – Aug. 1999 | OSLO UNIVERSITY , Oslo, Norway | Graduate course in Media Studies
- Pro Tools for Radio editing, Television editing, Microsoft Office, Lexis-Nexis, Factiva, Avstar, Quark, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, photography, computer-assisted reporting.
- Working familiarity with radio, multimedia and television equipment, including camera, sound and lighting.
- Triple citizen: Hold American, Canadian and Israeli passports.
- Fluent in Hebrew.